This course is not currently active. If you like the content on this page, Contact Dr. Kweethai. She often accommodates her students' preferences and needs when scheduling and planning future master classes.
This is a comprehensive course in practical hypnosis. You will learn the mechanics of hypnosis; suggestibility tests, induction techniques, how to craft a suggestion, condition and deepen a trance and how to terminate trance.
All of Dr. Kweethai's courses are highly interactive. There will be ample opportunities to practice your skills under Dr. Kweethai's watchful eye.
You will be empowered with the capability and confidence to easily perform hypnosis.
Mental, medical and dental health professionals are often aware of the unique advantages of hypnotherapy in their own area of expertise, but don't know how it works. As a 'bridge course' this is a first step toward learning Dr. Kweethai's iChange Therapy. Once you have learned the basic mechanics of hypnosis, subsequent trainings at iHealth Hypnotherapy School are designed to integrate with your own specialty.
It takes a variety of techniques and strategies to ensure successful hypnosis for different purposes. You WILL be able to hypnotize someone upon completion of this course. But, as a beginner hypnotist, you will survey the skills you will want to develop as you expand your expertise in subsequent courses.
Want to teach others?
Maybe you are already a practicing hypnotherapist and want to offer a hypnosis course yourself. As professional teachers ourselves, we recommend not trying to teach only from your own experience. Let this course serve as a practicum and model for how you might teach.
Hypnotherapy certification (depending on the provider) requires several hundred hours of training. At 20 hours, this course offers only basic hypnosis training; so we caution against any attempt at hypnotherapy until you have received significantly more training.
Hypnotherapy is an effective modality. It facilitates positive change when other, conventional methods, have failed. Hypnotherapy engages the trance state (hypnosis) to get at the core of emotion-based problems. It works at the subconscious level to get clients unstuck.
Hypnosis is relaxing, painless and uses no pins nor pills. Hypnotherapy is fast, practical and completely natural. Anyone who wishes to can be hypnotized.
Hypnotherapy requires a trained professional to facilitate changes. Do you want to be that professional? Do you wish to help others by applying every modality at your disposal?
Dr. Kweethai Neill calls herself a 'recovered academic', but make no mistake, as a former university professor she has the skills to offer first-class training. She also bills herself as Chief Catalyst for Change; with over 14 years as a clinical hypnotherapist; meaning that you will benefit from her wealth of experience.
This training in basic hypnosis skills is only the first step toward becoming a professional hypnotherapist. We are offering initial certification with the International Certification Board of Clinical Hypnotherapy (ICBCH). As you accumulate more hours in trainings with Dr. Kweethai you can apply for certification with the International Medical and Dental Hypnotherapy Association (IMDHA) and the American Council of Hypnotist Examiners (ACHE).
This event takes place in the Studio of Harmony, the iHealth Center classroom in Roanoke, Texas. We will confirm receipt of payment by email. For directions, or to ask questions related to this course, Contact us.
• What is Hypnosis?
• The Subconscious vs the Conscious Mind
• Applications of Hypnosis
• Hypnosis Phenomena: Catalepsy, Abreaction, Amnesia / Hypnernesia, Suggestibility, Insensitivity (Pain) / Anaesthesia
• Hyper-sensitivity (increased acuity of senses)
• Signs of Altered State: Lacrimation, Time distortion, Dual-consciousness, Flushing of skin
• Suggestibility: How to determine if client is willing
• Depth of Trance
• Inductions: Startling Command; Loss of Equilibrium, Confusion, Misdirection, Progressive relaxation, Instant induction, Rapid induction, Elman handshake etc.
• Exploring induction techniques from Erickson, McGill, Boyne. Designing your own induction.
• Deepening Techniques: Explore trance deepening. Create your won deepening techniques.
• Depth of Trance
• Therapeutic Suggestions: Appropriate language for therapeutic reframing and resolution of problem
• Conditioning: Appropriate language choices to enhance suggestions.
• Trance termination: getting clients out of trance.
• Post-hypnotic suggestions: Placing a post-hypnotic suggestion to make client more suggestive in follow-up sessions.
• Debriefing Skills: Appropriate session closure: Determing client satisfaction.
• Protecting the client
• Ethical Practice